Open Zeebo
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Zeebonet works in the USA!!!

+2
RssV
Rockman
6 participantes

Ir para baixo

Zeebonet works in the USA!!! Empty Zeebonet works in the USA!!!

Mensagem por Rockman Qui 31 Mar 2011, 11:41

Hey everyone!
'
I'm posting because I just got my zeebo back from TripleO after buying it from joanilson41 and I made a really awesome discovery! If anyone has been paying attention to my other posts then they know I've been have a LOT of trouble with the Z restarting on me usually within the first 2 minutes or so of powering on. I sent my first Z away to TripleO to look at and I bought another one from joanilson41. He told me his had been working fine and he's never had a problem with restarts or the like and so it was.

I sent it to Trips so he could get the key off it for me and then had it sent to me... I was so excited to play that I didn't even use the vga box (to play it in ntsc) and went straight to playing it in black and white, but as soonb as I went to set the language to "English" it restarted again! It seemed that the same problem my other Z had, this one was experiencing!

I knew that joanilson didn't sell me a bad system as he's been a good guy about all this AND it was the same exact problem that I had with my last one.. So I figured it had to have been something to do with the area, maybe the fact that the system is looking for the 3G network in Brazil and when it can't find it then it just dies out. So I talked it over with Triple who said he would help me with changing the settings so that the Z would read my sim and hopefully it would work. But me being impatient lol, I switched out the original sim and replaced it with the one I have on my phone and...

First it boots up and you get an error message, but if you press OK it goes to the tutorial with the dragon controller on the screen and then.. Z-Wheel! Not only that but I noticed that up in the left hand corner I had some connection bars so I tried the Shop and... IT WORKED!!!

I was able to search the shop and even buy things (if I had Credits lol) but just the fact that I could go into the shop means that the zeebonet works outside of Brazil!! I would've bought some credits but living in the US I dont have a c.p.f. =( .

So yeah, Zeebo isn't network locked! Just thought I'd pass that on to you guys!

And thanks again for the Z joanilson!!

Rockman
Membro

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Zeebonet works in the USA!!! Empty Re: Zeebonet works in the USA!!!

Mensagem por RssV Qui 31 Mar 2011, 20:44

Wow, great news in here Very Happy

I'm just wondering if there's a way for you to get some Z-Credits. With pre-paid cards, Zeebo Inc. transfers credits directly to a console thru its IMEI number. If your Z can access the Mall, so maybe it is able to receive credits purchased via pre-paid cards?
RssV
RssV
Admin
Admin

http://www.zeebobrasil.com

Mensagem por Poser_Metal Qui 31 Mar 2011, 21:38

That's a awesome discovery!
Hopefully you'll be able to purchase some Games through the pre-paid cards. You just need someone in Brazil to purchase then for you and pass the codes via email so you can insert it on the Zeebo. No big deal.

Keep us up-to-date...
Poser_Metal
Poser_Metal
Novato

http://www.fissionmailed.com.br

Mensagem por chirinea Qui 31 Mar 2011, 21:50

Well, if only for the CPF, there are programs that can generate fake CPFs, usually used by programmers for software test purposes. You could get one of those, generate a CPF and then use it. The problem is that using a fake CPF with you credit card info could be seen a crime. Very Happy
chirinea
chirinea
Membro

Mensagem por TripleOxygen Qui 31 Mar 2011, 22:04

Yo, Rockman!

Pretty nifty we got a confirmation on Zeebo not being network locked. Smile I tried only with another mobile operator, but seeing ZeeboNet working on another country is way too nice. Very Happy

Does your SIM card asks for its PIN when you power up your phone? If no, it's deactivated inside the SIM (something like "pre-typed-PIN"), so when the Z-Wheel tries to send the PIN from 61s.dat, the SIM card refuses it, since it's "unlocked" already. This trigger the Error 1 screen but lets you get thru. You can try changing your SIM config to ask the code everytime and actually put the right PIN for it on 61s.dat. This may fix the Error 1 forever. Smile Or, check the new SIM you got (did you activate it?), like you told me.

Let it on standby for a while, it may receive assets update and fix your slowdown issues!

Let's see how all this goes, keep us updated! Smile
TripleOxygen
TripleOxygen
Admin
Admin

http://www.tripleoxygen.net

Mensagem por joanilson41 Sex 01 Abr 2011, 01:04

Thank you for trusting me!
I'm happy that it's working for you Smile
Can you play all the games with no problem?

joanilson41
Membro

Mensagem por Rockman Sex 01 Abr 2011, 10:40

Yeah it's pretty exciting that it works in the US and just like poser_metal said at worst I can paypal one of you guys the money and ask you to get me a card and e-mail me the code if I need some new games =p.

As far as the Z goes, it works great joanilson! Every game works perfectly and I'm enjoying it very much! I had sent Triple a message telling him that when playing Double Dragon I was experiencing very slight slowdown, but I played every other game on the Z since then and it all runs fine.. maybe I'm confusing my past experience with double dragon with the new double dragon game for Iphone as they are very similar and it's what I've been playing since I haven't had a Z for the last few months.. Either way when I get my very first Z back I can see for myself. But it's not something detrimental, the game is WAY playable and it doesn't stop me from having a good time =). The only reason it makes me think a little differently is bc the firmware I had on my first Z had a different "welcome" screen (the one with the Z logo, the flag and the welcome message) and a different splash screen. Also I had the older version of Double Dragon with the different box so there are differences..

I'll probably just do like Trips said and let my zeebo sit for a while so that it can get some updates and maybe that'll change things if there is, in fact, anything wrong at all.

Oh and to answer your question TO, nope my phone doesn't ask me for my pin or username or anything, so maybe you're right about your theories. Either way, the error screen doesn't bother me, I just press 1 and then I'm in my zeebo! Plus running it straight to brew I don't get an error message at all so it's all good. Unless you want me to try stuff out for the sake of investigating, then let me know!

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por Rockman Sex 01 Abr 2011, 11:50

I know it's not good to double post but I just bought some Z-Credits!!!!!

I used a CPF generator and added my credit card info and viola I bought me 5000 credits!!

My dad keeps joking that I'm going to jail and that the Brazilian consulate is coming to get me hahaha.

But I guess we can chalk this up to.. IT ALL WORKS IN AMERICA!!!

So hyped!

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por RssV Sex 01 Abr 2011, 15:04

Haha, that's way too exciting Smile

So basically, people can get a Brazilian Zeebo and purchase new games from anywhere in the world. Very likely.
RssV
RssV
Admin
Admin

Mensagem por Rockman Sex 01 Abr 2011, 15:11

Definitely! I just downloaded Joe and Mac (Caveman Ninja) so it definitely works!

Funny thing though, I was playing games with the logitech controller and it seems that ALL games made directly for zeebo work perfectly, but the games that are old school emulated games (i.e. the data east classics), the buttons are mapped way differently and you have to use the analog as opposed to using the d-pad (which in my opinion is way better then the analog for old school gaming).

But no matter I just bust out my z-pad and everything was fine =).

But back on topic, yup! I can buy games!

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por chirinea Sex 01 Abr 2011, 19:55

Hah, cool! I guess I'll edit my previous post so they don't come after me for giving you the idea. Keep that number and use the same whenever you buy your credits.

As for the controller, I use the Logitech one too and I never had trouble playing those games. To use the analog stick I have to press the "mode" button, so I guess you have to turn it off, did you try it?
chirinea
chirinea
Membro

Mensagem por Rockman Sex 01 Abr 2011, 20:18

Wow thanks for the tip! I hit the mode button and everything is all fine now!

But the buttons are still mapped differently between the Z-pad/Dragon and the Logitech pad (the buttons for 1 & 2 are swapped), which is ok for some games but for joe and mac Im more used to the attack being above the jump =/

Thanks for the help though! I seriously appreciate it

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por RssV Sex 01 Abr 2011, 23:53

I've just noticed that some games seem to recognize the Dual Action controller, so they reconfigure their commands acording to its particular setup.

Example: Power Boat Challenge. It uses Button 1 (PSX's square) as forward and Button 2 (PSX's X) as return. When Dual Action is plugged, this becomes the opposite, so that it can match "1" and "2" positions from the new controller.

Nice.
RssV
RssV
Admin
Admin

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo