Open Zeebo
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Backing Up Zeebo Games.

+4
Kez
metallizer
TripleOxygen
Rockman
8 participantes

Página 2 de 2 Anterior  1, 2

Ir para baixo

Backing Up Zeebo Games. - Página 2 Empty Re: Backing Up Zeebo Games.

Mensagem por Rockman Sáb 05 Fev 2011, 14:35

Cool, and yeah I am gonna buy it but I still am a bit worried about the soldering lol.

Also I have a question about it:

After I solder it in, will I still be able to use the system to play on? Also the thing that I am soldering into the board, once it's on, will I always have to have the top off my zeebo?

Rockman
Membro

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Mensagem por TripleOxygen Sáb 05 Fev 2011, 14:52

Yes, you can use it normally.

The research has shown that you need just the file called 61u.key to activate the port. The problem is to get this file off your Zeebo. That's why you gonna JTAG it.

You'll open your Zeebo, solder some wires and these wires you're going to connect to your JTAG's cable. After connecting the JTAG dongle to your PC, all you need is to issue some commands (provided all the needed software are installed) to "forcibly" enter the Appmgr. From there, you can manually activate the port. With the port enabled, you'll read your 61u.key and drop a copy of it to a SD card. After that, *theoretically*, you can remove everything and close you Zeebo. Now that you have a SD card with the file, you can activate the port just by inserting the card before turning the console on.

Simple as that! I've tried the 61u.key method with my consoles and they work. We need more people trying it to make sure it's a flawless method to get the port enabled. That's why I said "theoretically" up there. Smile

After your dongle arrive, contact me, I'll explain you, step-by-step, how to do it.
TripleOxygen
TripleOxygen
Admin
Admin

http://www.tripleoxygen.net

Mensagem por Rockman Sáb 05 Fev 2011, 15:50

Alright, Im excited!! When I get paid this Friday I'm gonna order it!

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por RssV Seg 07 Fev 2011, 14:57

TripleOxygen escreveu:If you leave Zeebo on for a while, it'll enter in a kind of sleep mode, where it blinks the front panel, like you said. Zeebo Inc./Tectoy suggests you to leave it like this over the night, so the console can receive updates.
In fact, they say that you can turn it off, as long as you keep it plugged on the wall.

But I got all my last updates while I was browsing the system's UI.
RssV
RssV
Admin
Admin

http://www.zeebobrasil.com

Mensagem por Rockman Seg 07 Fev 2011, 15:03

Hey rssv, I have a question..

I was looking at your post of the different double dragon art and I noticed that your entire interface is different from mine even though we have the same firmware...

You have any idea why that might be? Or are there "mini updates" that happen without changing the entire firmware number?

*Edit* Wait I was wrong.. for some reason I thought it looked different in that picture but when I looked at it today it looked the same as yours.. I guess it was just wishful thinking =p

Also I got in my new adapter today and it works MUCH better then with the plug that the zeebo came with. It still restarts sometimes but noticeably much much less then before and once it gets working then it'll stay on the whole time. I think it may have to do with the power that the machine is getting or not getting.

I think I may need to find a power stabilizer or something so that the current can either flow just a littler higher then whats needed (so that it gets a little extra kick but doesn't blow out my system) or just stay at a constant current.

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por chirinea Ter 08 Fev 2011, 19:04

Rockman escreveu:Hey rssv, I have a question..

I was looking at your post of the different double dragon art and I noticed that your entire interface is different from mine even though we have the same firmware...

You have any idea why that might be? Or are there "mini updates" that happen without changing the entire firmware number?
Well, even if this isn't your case, that actually happens. There are actually two kinds of OTA updates. One of them just updates your UI/Zeebo store content (for instance, sometimes, when a new game is released, they send an update to put an animation for the new game there). The other one updates the firmware. The UI/Store update looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeC8eZBDusY

The firmware update looks like a white screen with a grey loading bar in the middle (sorry, couldn't find any video or pic).
chirinea
chirinea
Membro

Mensagem por RssV Ter 08 Fev 2011, 19:18

Yup. Here's the other one:

Backing Up Zeebo Games. - Página 2 Foto0017

But actually I didn't see the screen above during last year's big update (when internet browsing was added). Maybe it happened at night, can't remember.
RssV
RssV
Admin
Admin

http://www.zeebobrasil.com

Mensagem por Rockman Ter 08 Fev 2011, 19:19

chirinea escreveu:Well, even if this isn't your case, that actually happens. There are actually two kinds of OTA updates. One of them just updates your UI/Zeebo store content (for instance, sometimes, when a new game is released, they send an update to put an animation for the new game there). The other one updates the firmware. The UI/Store update looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeC8eZBDusY

The firmware update looks like a white screen with a grey loading bar in the middle (sorry, couldn't find any video or pic).

Thanks, that's good information to know. Even though my zeebo is apparently at the highest firmware, maybe there are some other newer updates that I don't have which will keep it from restarting so often. I really hope so as I don't know how/when I'll run across another zeebo on mercadolibre that has the games and stuff I want already pre-installed on it. As far as being in the "zeebo scene" it sucks when you're in America lol.

Just 3 more days till I can order my JTAG and hopefully solve the firmware problem myself!

EDIT- Or sadly it could just be a bad zeebo =( that would suck... In which case would anybody here be able to get and send me a new one if I send them the money to get it and put some games on it?? I mean I may not need it at all, but if I do I'm 100% serious!

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por TripleOxygen Ter 08 Fev 2011, 19:22

RssV escreveu:Yup. Here's the other one:

Spoiler:

But actually I didn't see the screen above during last year's big update (when internet browsing was added). Maybe it happened at night, can't remember.

Wow, didn't know about that one! Never seen it. Shocked
Been thinking about it when chirinea mentioned in the previous post. Living and learning... Smile
Will try to find more info on this specific update process. Thanks guys!

Edit: I'm working on getting a full NAND dump of my device. That way, we may be able to update even a Zeebo's BREW image, and take remaining devices from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2 (as it seems: https://openzeebo.forumeiros.com/t17-versoes-do-software-do-zeebo ).

BTW, Rockman, please show us your system version, please? Did you try the EMAPPLET key sequence? Try it: https://openzeebo.forumeiros.com/t16-emapplet-a-partir-do-zeebo-app-z-wheel and check "Version information"
TripleOxygen
TripleOxygen
Admin
Admin

Mensagem por Rockman Ter 08 Fev 2011, 20:41

Ok, did the code (I saw it before but didn't think it worked on mine, maybe I just did it too slow lol).

Here's the info, is it the same as yours?:

Backing Up Zeebo Games. - Página 2 Vlcsnap2011020818h40m21

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por TripleOxygen Ter 08 Fev 2011, 21:01

Yes, thats it.

Nice! This is the newest firmware we've seen. Many people posted their versions and this one is the newest until now. Your system version and Zeebo App version are the newest, so the only outdated stuff are probably the assets.

BTW: do you have the needed stuff for soldering (iron, solder,...)?
TripleOxygen
TripleOxygen
Admin
Admin

Mensagem por Rockman Ter 08 Fev 2011, 21:22

Nope, I totally don't hence me being completely scared about doing it.

But if me doing this could probably remedy my restarts then I'm all for it.

Just gotta get it on one of those "good streaks" where it stays on for hours, so that way it doesn't turn off while I'm transferring the files lol

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por TripleOxygen Ter 08 Fev 2011, 21:46

Well, then you need to get these too! Smile
Or, you may take your console to some electronics repair shop and ask them. You may even explain what you are trying to do, they may hook everything up for ya!
TripleOxygen
TripleOxygen
Admin
Admin

Mensagem por joanilson41 Ter 08 Fev 2011, 22:55

@rockman if you're interested after all, i can sell the mine... but I hope you can solve your problems and don't need that.

joanilson41
Membro

Mensagem por Rockman Sex 11 Fev 2011, 09:26

joanilson41 escreveu:@rockman if you're interested after all, i can sell the mine... but I hope you can solve your problems and don't need that.

Do you mean your signalyzer or your zeebo? Because I've already ordered my signalyzer but I wouldn't mind owning another zeebo, especially if I mess this one up some how =p.

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por joanilson41 Sex 11 Fev 2011, 13:23

Rockman escreveu:
joanilson41 escreveu:@rockman if you're interested after all, i can sell the mine... but I hope you can solve your problems and don't need that.

Do you mean your signalyzer or your zeebo? Because I've already ordered my signalyzer but I wouldn't mind owning another zeebo, especially if I mess this one up some how =p.

I meant zeebo, because i'm almost not playing, but it's working perfectly.
If I was you, I wouldn't mind it too.

So, good luck with JTAG and Zeebo!

joanilson41
Membro

Mensagem por Rockman Sex 11 Fev 2011, 17:07

Hey joanilson41 check your PM when you get a chance!

Rockman
Membro

Mensagem por Edi (FZ2D) Dom 27 Mar 2011, 18:08

I opened a topic that indirectly refers directly to that subject.

Edi (FZ2D)
Edi (FZ2D)
Membro

http://edireviews.blogspot.com/

Mensagem por Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Página 2 de 2 Anterior  1, 2

Ir para o topo